CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

June 11, 2008



So can you see this? We drop off
Michael and Maddy to school and we
are getting out of the car.
"KA KA" says the crow.
"KA Ka" I say back and show Landon
the crow up on the lamp post.
He says nothing but is interested. Then Chan says, "KA KA". The crow calls back at him, "KA KA" they do this back and forth and Landon and I are laughing. Especially cause every time I try, the bird is mostly silent. I guess We can't all be bird callers!! Chan was a pro, they both kept at it for 5 min.
By the way I work on the quail call with Ryan and the Turkey call which is harder to do. But I will keep practicing cause ya never know when it might come in handy to call birds!!!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I was gonna say that this talent is no surprise considering that his dad and grandad (and probably a few uncles) are excellent bird callers.

But keep working on yours, I'm sure it'll come in handy some day. :)

Michael and Rachel said...

Ha! I love it. Fun stories with the kids.
When we were at Lake Powell, one morning we were all woken up by a darn crow saying that exact same thing. He was sitting on one of the house boats, ehoing like crazy! I ran out there, got as close as I could and said "Ka Ka!" back to him. Lo & behold, he flew away! Who knew "Ka Ka" could mean so many things! :)

Jayme said...

Happy birthday!!

I love when kids start to talk, even to the birds :) I had no idea that you guys are experts in bird calling :)

Lynn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope I am as hot as you are when I'm 31 :)

alise said...

ha ha. That's a great post! I am happy you are 31, hee hee. I'm not alone in my 30's anymore--and not just a nice rounded 3-0, a 3-1. Yes, makes me feel sooooo much better about being almost 34.

cd said...

Hey Westbrooks...Glad you found our little blog. I've been "blog stalking" you for awhile but never took the time to comment...sorry! Hope things are great in CA! Love the Dolezal