This year has already been filled full! I am not to sure what to blog so I will just jump in.
It is Sunday and we are feeling ill so, since I cannot give my primary lesson, and still have church stuff on the brain, I thought I would share some things we heard at Stake Conference. The adult session was great (of course) from what Ryan said. They gave us some things to work on
1. Read the Book of Mormon by next Stake Conference, August?
2. Read the life of Joseph Smith by Lucy Mack Smith (Ryan ordered it through Barnes Noble)
3. Work on long term retirement goals. What are they. What kind of financial hang ups should we be out of. What do we expect from ourselves. Interesting that our the generation before us is going to see the real "retirement" lifestyle. Because of the depression most people have had to work long after they retire. Only recently has the world seen actual retirement.
4. What are our family goals. What are the good, better, best things in our lives. For example, basketball is a good thing, but eating dinner together as a family and spending quality time is "best." So what are we doing to make things "best" even though we have a lot of "good" or "better" things in our lives. Where is the middle ground.
Just some things to think about.
I enjoyed the story about the plant that grows, it is rare and very beautiful. It is very sturdy and can grow fast. It will grow like a ground cover if you let it. The problem is that it can take over. Thick green luscious plant and it just keeps going. How do you cut it back when it is so over grown? All good things need to be modified. Stake Conference talk.
January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's pretty awesome you guys got to hear him before he died. Yours was probably the last! Such a great great man, loved by everyone. Love you guys tons and hope you are doing well. :)
Yikes...thanks for the reminders!
Post a Comment