CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

August 26, 2008


Conversation between Chandler and Me

Chan"Mom this is so COOL look at what I found?"

mom "Wow, Cool did you find that in my room?"

Chan"Yes!! WHAAAT ISSSS ITTT?"

mom "A walkman. it plays tapes. Haven't you seen this before?

Chan"WOW , that is so cool how does it play?"

mom"You put a tape in it and.... it plays music or words and then comes out through head phones?"
"You don't know what this is? "
Chan "NO but that is cool, can you play it for me?
Its like a spy gadget and now I can make it play!!"
mom"OK let me find a tape.
"Ok nevermind I don't have any that i can find, didn't I just use this last year?
THOUGHT: Where are the tapes and how come my kids have no idea what this is?
Finally I said, "its like an ipod."

"OHHHH COOL CAN I KEEP IT?" Chan
"SURE."

I had a flash of my childhood: Me"Mom what is this huge tape thing?"
MY Mom ," 8 Track"
me "What? in the world? This is huge why not just use a tape so much smaller and more convenient!!"

8 comments:

Brady, Theresa, & Lily said...

That is so funny! Isn't it crazy how fast things change?? I remember when the internet came out, I was in High School- who doesn't have internet now or their own cell phone??! We're going to seem ancient to our kids:)

Melanie Butler said...

Amber you are so funny! I laughed and laughed...a belly full. It was an 8 Track Player, not an A Track Player. Good, good laughs. I love you all soooooooo much and Chandler is such a cutie pie!! love your old mom.

Melanie Butler said...

O and you can tell Chandler to bring that walkman to my house...I still have some cassett tapes. ha ha, mom

Vivian Campbell said...

That's real cute!

Williams Forever said...

Great my kids will probably say what's a cd player!!! check out our blog you guys inspired this new video when you came over. Another great reason to get a mac

Lynn said...

what?! you mean we're officially OLD?! Aw man.

alise said...

I tried to sell my walkman at a yard sale. Everyone just laughed :( I couldn't even give it away. Connor plays with it.

TxFrUeAnZ said...

That has to be one of the most hilarious things I've read! I've had a similar conversation with my daughter about tapes and records! A few years back we bought my dad a record player to play all of his records that had been sitting there for years. Tejas was like WOW THOSE ARE HUGE CDs! Haha!

Heather Hall-Fruean